Friday, September 16, 2011

Find data on constellation boundaries on celestial sphere?

I am trying to find either a complete map of the modern 88 constellations and their boundaries as described by the IAU, or the data that would allow me to construct them on a spherical projection. I'm usually pretty good at mining for information like this through google, but I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've only been able to find isolated charts of the various constellations.|||I can't locate these either. Why don't you contact the IAU directly at:





IAU - UAI Secretariat


98-bis Blvd Arago


F鈥?5014 PARIS


FRANCE





Or by email at: iau@iap.fr|||You can download computer data files for the original (1875 epoch) or the present (2000 epoch) boundary line descriptions at:


http://adc.gsfc.nasa.gov/adc-cgi/cat.pl?鈥?/a>





Replogle Globe company makes a 12 inch lighted constellation globe with boundaries in 3D, and Amazon sells it for about $60. See www.weatherbuffs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment