Friday, September 16, 2011

Is there anywhere to get a ride on a Lockheed Constellation?

One of the items left on my "1000 things to do before I die" list!|||Try Oshkosh, WI during the air show that is held there yearly . you might have a good shot there. July 28th thru August 3rd 2008.|||I suppose so. I mean I'm sure there's a C-600 'Connie' that is still flyable. A frequent airshow guest, I think it belongs to the Confederate Air Force's collection.|||It won't be free. Far from it.





There are a few still around. The people who own them probably could use a generous donation for other projects they're working on. Do the math.|||If you're able to visit the Los Angeles area, Camarillo Airport (about 35 miles NW of LAX) has one of the 5 remaining flyable Constellations.





This link might provide further details for you.


http://members.tripod.com/~N73544/|||Try the old "Save a Connie" Foundation in Kansas City. I'm not sure of their website but you can search through landing.com or warbirdalley.com to find out. They have a Connie, DC-3 and I believe a Martin 404 or 202.|||Sure--at Jeongsok Aerodrome (Jeju Island, South Korea).

No comments:

Post a Comment